Hello, I’m Kit!
I’ve been a professional live and studio session musician, producer and music educator for fifteen years – specialising in piano and keyboards, drums and percussion. Feel free to look around the site to learn more, or get in touch here.
I have played thousands of shows across the UK and in Europe, with a wide variety of artists, bands, orchestras.
I also work as a musical director and band leader for a variety of live productions – including 90s Jam and singer/songwriter Jade MayJean – crafting fully-immersive audience experiences with a live band, synchronised and timecoded lighting cues, lazers, smoke machines, and video projection.
Whether in my own studio or working on location with a band or a producer, I love the flow and creativity of the studio environment.
As a session player, I specialise in percussion (drumkit, orchestral percussion and a variety of ethnic percussion) and keyboards (piano, electric piano, Hammond organ, synths, etc.) – and I also write and/or arrange music to commission and produce tracks in my studio in beautiful rural Norfolk.
I am passionate about creative education and all the benefits it brings, and about helping students of all ages and abilities achieve their goals in music.
I teach music, both privately and in local schools and youth music projects – including working as a percussion tutor for Sistema In Norwich, and as a keyboard tutor with the Norfolk Keyboard Orchestra.
Listen to a selection of tracks I have worked on…
Come and see me play at one of my upcoming gigs…
Or view the full calendar…
Check out my latest news and blog posts to see what I’ve been up to recently, or view the full news feed…
- New Release: Alex Carter – Last WarningThe second Alex Carter single I have recorded on drums at my studio. Mixed and mastered by Chris Barwise. Look out for more new music from Alex Carter coming soon!
- Why Does A Keys Player Need A Pedalboard?This is something I get asked about from time-to-time… I know you don’t commonly see keyboard players using boards of effects pedals, like guitarists often do, but I have put a lot of thought into the setup I’m using on my gigs and I feel like this rig fits my… Read more: Why Does A Keys Player Need A Pedalboard?
- Maggie May – The Rod Stewart YearsThe UK’s most prestigious Rod Stewart Tribute starring Rob Wright as Sir Rod Stewart, backed by his sensational live band. Covering a catalogue of Sir Rod’s chart-topping hits spanning a jaw-dropping 5 decades, including titles such as Handbags & Gladrags; Maggie May; You Wear It Well; I Don’t Want to… Read more: Maggie May – The Rod Stewart Years
- New Release: Alex Carter – Blue BoyI had a great time recording for blues artist Alex Carter last month, and Alex’s new single ‘Blue Boy’ is out now on all digital platforms – including Spotify, Amazon and Apple Music. All the drums and organ parts for ‘Blue Boy’ were recorded ‘remotely’ here at my studio, before… Read more: New Release: Alex Carter – Blue Boy
- Remote Recording Sessions For Alex CarterI’ve had the privilege of recording both drums and organs on a new single from blues singer/songwriter Alex Carter in my studio this weekend. With a super cool, groovy blues vibe, I have really enjoyed getting stuck into this session and getting the tone and feel of the song just… Read more: Remote Recording Sessions For Alex Carter
- Candacraig At The Portland ArmsI’m very excited that I’ll be playing keys with Lincolnshire’s alt-folk duo Candacraig at The Portland Arms in Cambridge next weekend, on Sunday 26th February, showcasing songs from their debut album Thunder of Whispers. Doors are at seven o’clock with Candacraig going onstage at eight o’clock. Hope to see you… Read more: Candacraig At The Portland Arms